This Collective Agreement, April 1, 2014, to March 31, 2019, was posted on Capilano University's website on February 23, 2016, and the CFA is posting it at the same time here, as a resource. However, the CFA's chief negotiator, Ed Lavalle, would like to point out that there are articles currently in the grievance process, some of which are noted in the paragraphs below.
Under dispute and grieved: CFA did not agree to eliminate the clauses below. The Employer has unilaterally removed these clauses notwithstanding it withdrew proposals on Executive administrators and other administrators (those not reporting directly to the President).
220.127.116.11 Selection of administrators is a duty of the University Board. Such appointments shall only be made after a Search Committee has recommended an appointee to the Board.
18.104.22.168.1 The Committee shall be comprised of an equal number of members of the Union and the Administration. The Union shall select its members for such committees. In addition to the members so selected, a chairperson shall be named by the President. The chairperson shall be non-voting.
22.214.171.124.2 Staff and/or student representatives may be invited to join such a Committee. In the event that such additional representatives do join the Committee, the number of representatives from each additional constituency shall not exceed the number of Faculty Union representatives on the Committee.
126.96.36.199.3 Although appointments will normally be made from the names submitted by the Search Committee, the Board may appoint any candidate whose application has been placed before the Search Committee. Further, the names of all qualified internal candidates, whether or not they hold acting appointments, shall be included in the recommendations referred to above.
CFA did agree to several new clauses giving recognition to Deans, but as an addition.
- Memorandum of Agreement between Capilano University and Capilano University Faculty Association, May 23, 2015. Salary scales begin on page 5. Retroactive salary payments were effective in July 2015. Both parties will work on finalizing the new contract over the coming months. For background, please read Bulletin 22, attached.
- CFA Collective Agreement covering April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2014
- Common Agreement, which our collective agreement is based on, covering April 1, 2014, to March 31, 2019
- A Brief Guide to Your Rights under the Collective Agreement for Non-Regulars
- Constitution and Bylaws updated and approved at 2016 AGM
- Rules for Conflicts of Interest for CFA Executive
- Delegate Selection Policy
- Faculty Association Code of Ethics
- Committee Organization in a Collegial Institution
Contact the chief steward, Joanne Quirk, if you have questions about the collective or common agreement.