Watch your email for Tuesday's agenda, and be sure to attend the general meeting Feb 16, 2016, from 11:40 a.m. to 12:50 p.m., in LB 322. The Cap U budget approval process and trends will be one of the main items for discussion.
Dr. Leonard George, chair of the psychology department at Capilano University, teaches a range of courses and organizes the annual Capilano Universe presentation series, which is free and open to everyone.
The first lecture – From Eden to ISIL: the eternal war for control of the imagination – will be presented at the West Vancouver Memorial Library, 1950 Marine Drive, from 7 - 8:45 p.m., Tues, Jan 26, 2016....Read more
Chairs, coordinators, and convenors will meet for their regular, monthly meeting in LB 322 from 11:40 a.m. to 12:50 p.m., in LB 322. Stewards will meet at the same time in LB 321. If you belong to either group, send your RSVP to email@example.com, and place RSVP Stewards Jan 26 or RSVP 3Cs Jan 26 in the subject line.
The CFA office will be open on Tues, Dec 29 and Wed, Dec 30. If you need something, please phone 604-984-4948, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first Faculty Association general meeting of 2016 will be on Tues, Jan 19, in LB 322 from 11:40 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.
As events stand now, the 3Cs and stewards will have their usual lunch meetings on Tues, Jan 26.
Reminders for all CFA meetings will be sent a few days ahead, and any changes will be noted in the calendar on the right side of this page.
Happy 2016 everyone!
In reference to dates after January 1, 2016, faculty can now use the Personalized Purchase Cost Estimator and the General Purchase Cost Estimator to calculate how much it will cost to purchase a period of service, such as an approved leave of absence. Links to the estimators are embedded in this Member News PDF.
Having recently returned from participating in academic freedom discussions at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, former studio art instructor George Rammell sent a request to Cap's board of governors urging them to hold public forums for the University's presidential candidates. Here is what he said:
Dear Board Members,
I just returned from the University of Alberta in Edmonton where faculty from across Canada and England gathered for a ...Read more
In January, members of the College Pension Plan will experience changes to the pension formula, early retirement reductions, and contribution rates. Click this link to read the member news bulletin. If you have questions, contact the university's benefits specialist in financial services, or talk to CFA's faculty rep, Allen Zhu.
The next CFA general meeting will be in LB 322 from 11:40 a.m. to 12: 50 p.m. on Tues, Nov 3, 2015. All faculty members are welcome. Tea, coffee, and cookies provided. Check your Cap email for a full agenda, or log into the faculty-only area on the right side of this page.
All general meeting minutes are posted in the faculty-only area of this website. You need a password to enter the faculty-only area. If you do not already have a password, on the right side of this page, please click "create new account" and follow the instructions. Name verification requires a manual check, which usually only happens Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please note the following events and the dates on which they occur. For more information about any item, contact the CFA office, email@example.com.
- John Wilson Award - partial tuition reimbursement for retirees or dependants of regular faculty members: applications are available on the left side menu under Forms, and the deadline is Oct 2, 2015.
- Nomination for assistant chief steward position: click Forms on the left side menu and complete the nomination form by Oct 5, 2015.
- Election of assistant chief steward: the assistant chief steward will be elected during the general meeting on Oct 6, 2015.
- General Meeting: the next general meeting will be in LB 322 on Oct 6, 2015, from 11:40 - 12:50. Watch your email for a reminder and agenda.
- Fair Employment Day: this Day was created to emphasize the plight of non-regularized instructors at Cap, across the country, and around the globe. (The CFA non-reg committee is comprised of Susan Summers, Arezou Hashemi, Kirsten McIlveen, Wolf Draegestein, and Stuart Aikins.) Fair Employment Day is Oct 7, 2015.
Additional dates might be recorded in the Calendar of Events on the right side of this page. If there is something you'd like noted, send an email with all the particulars to firstname.lastname@example.org.